The Annual Parish Path Survey is now underway despite the appalling weather and has revealed a few problems.
The bridge at the entrance to FP5, off Sadborrow Lane, has rotted and needs replacing. This will be done as soon as possible. One of the new gates on BW14 has dropped on its hinges and this will be rectified shortly. The narrow constriction at the Tilworth entrance to of FP39 has been reported to East Devon County Council by the Rights of Way Warden.
The core paths were cut back at the end of the season which has helped to keep the vegetation under control. However, conditions underfoot are slippery and treacherous because of the heavy rain we have had recently so I would ask you all to take great care.
A new dog waste bin has been installed at the bottom of Piercehay Lane, just off the Brimley Road. This is close to several footpaths and hopefully will be a useful addition to the one already in place at School Close.
Please remember to follow the Countryside Code:
Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Park carefully so access to gateways and driveways is clear
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Follow paths but give way to others where it’s narrow
Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit, take all your litter home
- Don’t have BBQs or fires
- Keep dogs under effective control
- Dog poo – bag it and bin it
Enjoy the outdoors
- Plan ahead, check what facilities are open, be prepared
- Follow advice and local signs and obey social distancing measures