COVID Vaccination update from Axminster League of Friends
In support of Axminster Medical Practice (AMP), we are augmenting their media communications with our own, in order to get the message out to as wider cross section of the population as possible. There has been some conjecture within the community regarding the roll out of the Coronavirus, Covid-19 vaccine. Firstly, we need to point out that the practice is working 7 days a week to provide the continued GP services alongside the vaccination programme.
The practice has vaccinated a significant percentage of at-risk patients using both Pfizer and Oxford/AZ vaccines and we can assure you that there is a programme in place for the immunisation of all over 80s, registered with the AMP, by 23 January 2020.
The government has made its vaccination roll-out priorities clear and AMP are working to these priorities.
The communication method is that the practice will contact you to offer you a vaccination date. Looking at the success and efficiency of this method over the recent months for both the flu vaccine and the more recent Covid-19 vaccine, there is no need to consider changing it. So, people will be contacted; a) in line with the government’s priorities, which are listed below, and b) the availability of the vaccine. The latter is not within the control of AMP.
Please also be aware that the vaccine may not be suitable for people with certain medical conditions.
Be patient and do everything you can to keep yourself and others safe.
Joint Committee for Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advises the order of priority for the coronavirus vaccination is:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
Axminster Hospital League of Friends
18th January 2021