We have achieved our fundraising target thanks to all of you who helped to raise the funds either by organising events, participating in events or donating funds.
The total cost of the Devon Air Ambulance Night Landing Site will be £6,360 + VAT. The parish council have applied for a grant from the DAA to cover the labour costs, leaving us with £3,106 to raise.
The funding has come from:
- a grant of £250 from the Axevale Show in 2018
- a donation of £300 from the Village Fete, also in 2018
- recently the Fete Committee have kindly agreed a further donation of £500 from last years fete
- a very kind donation from the football club of £721, money that was raised in memory of Jim Larcombe
- funds of £535 from the tractor run organised by Mike Bartlett and his family on New Year’s Eve
- the Big Breakfast in January raised £271 for the night landing site
- we have just obtained a Locality Grant of £500 from Devon Council which takes us within a few pounds of our target.
The Parish Council will cover the small remaining cost. In all £3,077 has been raised. Well done and thank you to all concerned.
The work on the site began on 2nd June and should be completed with a day or so. Good news and a huge thank you to all concerned!